- We will be camping at Dorst Creek Campground – Group Campsite C
- There is a $20 fee to enter the park – please bring cash.
- The full schedule is at the link, above – this is just a rough guideline and we will play it by ear at the event.
- We suggest taking lunch with you in the car or leaving right after lunch on Wednesday. The arrival schedule will probably be pushed back by about an hour – so we expect people to arrive and setup camp between 5 and 6pm. Please e-mail prior to the event if you expect to arrive after 6pm (assuming a drive time of 5 hours)
- The departure on Friday will likely be an hour earlier than previously announced to give more time to arrive home before Shabbat. If you need to leave prior to Noon, please let me know so we can make arrangements ahead of time.
- Please be Bear Aware – There will be seven large bear boxes available at the campsite. *ALL* food and smellables (deodorant, toothpaste etc.) should be kept in the bear boxes at night and whenever we leave camp. Please pack these in a separate Ziploc bag so they can be easily separated and stored.
- Please bring a Siddur for everyone in your group – including children.
- Adult men should remember to bring their Tallis and Tefillin
- Don’t forget Water Bottles – it will be hot.
- Hats and Sunscreen are essential.
- Sweaters and/or jackets will be necessary at night.
- Please bring a backpack or daypack or hiking – this will help you keep water and food with you on our hike.
- Every family should have a tent, sleeping bags, pillows etc. Boy Scouts will be provided with Troop tents.
- If anyone does not have a confirmed ride, please contact the event leader.
- National Park Service Dorst Creek Campground website
- Directions website:
From Los Angeles, Distance: 225 mi/362 km, time: 4 hours
Take any highway to I-5 N. Continue onto CA-99 N toward Bakersfield/Fresno. Take exit 96 onto CA-198 E towards Visalia. Continue to the Ash Mountain entrance of Sequoia National Park.
- Directions from Beth Jacob : http://goo.gl/maps/tqoiF (The drive is approximately 5 Hours)
- Campsite map
- 7-Day Forecast
- Topo Map Muir Grove
- Topo Map
- Recreation.gov Dorst Creek Campground website
Reminder… this is bear country. Don’t even THINK of not obeying the safety rules.